Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Fashion Illustration


I made it in November 2009, you can see the date in that picture. When I was working as a sales promotion girl of Cardinal Brand in a Dept Store in Bogor. I spent lots of time making such drawing. That dress in the picture is a vintage dress. I was crazy about sweet vintage look and the great combination of red and blue. So I drew it.





I made this one earlier. They look awfull *sigh* But as you can see, my drawing has getting better. I've never practice my drawing again for about a month. I don't know why, it's just... I don't know, I'm not in the mood. I have more drawings that I'll post in my blog. But most of them were drawn on my note book, and they've not been colored yet.

I make fashion illustration not to really design a clothes or what, I more of designing a style. The clothes I drew sometimes taken from the fashion magazines. When I saw a cute dress or a cool studded shoes and I wish I had one, I'll draw them and combine them with other nice outfits I've seen or I have. But, yes, sometimes I just design a new dress or skirt or shirt, inspired by the pictures in a magazines or the clothes I saw in the DeptStore where I used to worked at.



That is my sketchbook. I made the cover my self, I cut the pictures from the magazines. Now you know that I am a magazine junkie. I cover it with black paper and I glued the pictures on. I add red and silver glitter glue. Can you see it? Oh, and I also glued red and white stripes also taken from the magazine on the side of the book. I made it to make my mood in drawing, but it didn't work. It's just make my mood in making sketchbook cover in my A4 sketchbook. Poor me..

So... I hope I'll make a new illustration soon. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Cute fashion illustration!! Love it!!

    http://beatrixhapsari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete